Home » Posts tagged 'retailers'
Tag Archives: retailers
I’ve been compiling a list of national/regional retailers who currently have a presence in Atlantic Canada (specifically Moncton and/or Halifax). These retailers are hot prospects for attraction. They already understand the east coast so opening a store in Saint John should not be too much of a stretch for them.
If I’m missing any, please email me at email@example.com
LIST OF RETAILERS WITH LOCATIONS IN ATLANTIC CANADA (but not in Saint John, NB) in alphabetical order.
Banana Republic (more…)
We’ve had our share of retail doom & gloom with the closure of Target, Future Shop and Co-Op Atlantic but despite challenges and setbacks there are some exciting rumours!
Internationally, there are retailers that are either expanding their Canadian presence, have recently moved or are actively evaluating plans to move into Canada. Although Saint John, New Brunswick may not be on their radar yet… we can dream!
- Desigual (fashion) from Spain;
- Bulgari (jewelry) and GEOX (fashion) from Italy;
- Clarks (footwear) from the UK;
- Gerry Weber (fashion) from Germany;
- UGG (footwear) and Aesop (skin care) from Australia;
- Uniqlo (fashion) from Japan which is rumoured to be looking closely at major Canadian cities;
- COS (fashion) from Sweden which is H&M’s upscale brand and stands for ‘Collection of Style’; and
- JYSK (home furnishings) from Denmark which currently has over 50 locations in Canada and is selectively looking for new opportunities. They operate 1 store in Atlantic Canada at Dartmouth Crossing in Halifax.