Home » Posts tagged 'Saint John'
Tag Archives: Saint John
75 Prince William Street, Saint John, NB
When Introhive first arrived in Saint John they needed office space quickly which allowed for flexibility while they ramped up their presence in Saint John. Connexion Works provides an ideal short term solution. Once they got a better handle on their growth strategy for this market it became evident that they would need to find a larger and more permanent solution. A search of the local vacant office space uncovered a space that seemed ideal. The space was formerly occupied by DFS Architects and had been completely renovated only 4 years ago. It has a cool modern vibe and a great view of the harbour! Introhive only needed to make a few minor changes to the space to make it perfect for them.
Introhive is a relationship data science platform for #CRM that drives user adoption and proactively delivers valuable insights about clients and prospects. They now have 16 employees in Saint John. Jerry Carr, Introhive’s CTO commented “We are continuously recruiting and having an awesome office space is a key part of attracting top talent.”
Stephanie Turner represented Introhive as well as DFS Architects and the head-landlord Prince Williams Property ULC in this leasing transaction.
The Bank of Canada building is also FOR SALE. For more info on this investment opportunity CLICK HERE
1655 Manawagonish Road, Saint John, NB
Many passers-by believed this brick building was a church due to the signage out front which read “Convention of Atlantic Baptist Churches” but it was purpose built in 1981 as a two story office building. After several years on the market, the property was sold late last week. The property was sold to Unifor and new owners plan to continue to use it as an office building.
Stephanie Turner represented the Seller and Mike Hosford, Colliers Moncton, represented the Buyer.
AUGUST, 2018. The old adage that location is key still hold true. With the recent announcement of the new museum on the Saint John waterfront, 75 Prince William Street has it in spades.
According to the CBC story “The “landmark” four-storey, 120,000 square foot building [museum] is intended to present a glass and terra cotta front on two sides facing the harbour and Market Square, and a more traditional look toward the uptown.”
The story goes on to say “The museum is intended to be the first piece for the long anticipated Fundy Quay development, which could someday include residential and commercial projects on the waterfront next to Market Square.”
Check out the aerial view of the immediate area below and find out more about the opportunity at 75 PRINCE WILLIAM STREET
200-206 Union Street, Saint John, New Brunswick
The property at 200 Union Street, known by many as the former Academy of Hair Design, has new owners.
The property was purchased by a couple from New Brunswick. The property is commercial on the ground floor and has 6 residential units on the second floor. The new owners intend to use the ground floor for a new retail establishment. Details on that to come at a later date.
The building has a long history in Saint John. The original business was “Jacks Men’s Wear”. It was owned by Jack Levine and eventually his son Ellis Levine. Former Saint John Mayor Sam Davis designed the building for Jack Levine. You can still see the name “JACK” inlayed in a tile mosaic by the sidewalk near the main entrance.
This is just one more in a string of recent announcements about an exciting revitalization that is happening along Union Street and in the Waterloo Village area.
Stephanie Turner was the listing agent. Lee Yuyang, Re/Max Professionals Saint John represented the buyers.
212 McAllister Drive, Saint John, New Brunswick
If you’ve driven by Parkway Mall recently you may have noticed a new sign. Breakout Saint John announced today that they are moving from their current location on Rothesay Avenue to this new location. They leased a portion of the former liquor store. Breakout Saint John is an award-winning entertainment and team-building company that offers themed escape room games. This area of east Saint John is well known as a high traffic retail node and provides them with much better visibility.
Julia Pugley, President, issued a Press Release in which she said “Not only does this mean a larger and more central location for this popular local business, it also includes the much-anticipated launch of all-new escape rooms and puzzles.” This is great news for fans of Breakout!
Breakout’s next new room is slated to open before the end of May and the company also plans to announce an official grand opening in the coming weeks. Visit their website: www.breakoutsaintjohn.ca
Stephanie Turner represented the Tenant in the negotiations with Tidan Inc., the owners of Parkway Mall.
36 Richmond Street, Saint John, New Brunswick (Waterloo Village area)
Adams Green announced today that they purchased 36 Richmond Street which is located at the corner of Richmond and Prince Edward Streets.
The 3 story heritage brick building is a masterpiece of architectural detail much of which has thankfully been preserved. The ground floor with its high punched tin ceilings and old “apothecary” drawers has been used for various commercial enterprises in the past. The upper two floors were most recently rented as one massive residential unit. The attention to detail and craftsmanship evident in the extensive wood paneling and molding is impressive. Two built-in rounded benches are absolutely amazing.
According to the Press Release issued today “Adams Green is the first accounting firm in Canada to be certified as a B Corporation. That means they value people and the planet as much as profit”.
In the press release Owen and Haley Green, the new owners, go on to explain that they are launching The Wheelhouse “A kind of community centre for entrepreneurs, where people can come together to collaborate around all kinds of ideas”.
They really embraced the Waterloo Village location… it fits right in their “wheelhouse” of being socially responsible. The Union Street and Waterloo Village areas of Saint John have experienced a wave of investment in recent months and they wanted to be part of making a difference in this up-and-coming neighbourhood.
Stephanie Turner represented the Buyers and Gary Vincent of Keller Williams was the listing agent.
PHOTOS of the inside and more on this story at Huddle.Today
384 Lancaster Avenue, Saint John, NB
T4G has announced that they are moving their Saint John operation to an uptown location. As such, they have put their building, located at 384 Lancaster Avenue, on the market. The decision to move uptown is motivated by their desire to be a bigger part of the knowledge and tech industry in Saint John. This is just one more nod to the increasing vibrancy that uptown Saint John has been experiencing recently and helps foster the Brick Park “knowledge park” movement which is aimed to grow the cluster of knowledge industry companies working in close proximity uptown.
T4G is still considering options for their new location.
For more information on 384 Lancaster Avenue opportunity click HERE
Note: Some photos of the interior of 384 Lancaster Ave can be seen below.
60 Water Street, Saint John, NB (with before and after photos!)
“When we took the space over it was pretty rough. It took some hard work and elbow grease to get the space ready for brewing but we are thrilled with the end result.” says Mark McGraw, part owner and brewer.
The space had great bones with some exposed brick walls and one stone wall but what really attracted these young brewers to the space was the garage door. On nice days they’re going to throw open the overhead door and welcome everyone in. “We are well positioned to serve thirsty cruise ship passengers” said McGraw. Loyalist City Brewery will be one of the first businesses they will come across as they start touring the uptown and with the garage door open it should be very inviting for them to step in. “We’re already brewing a beer called “Parrtown Pale Ale” that has a Saint John story to it and I think tourists will enjoy hearing how the beer is connected to our heritage”.
Stephanie represented both the Landlord and the Tenant in the lease transaction.
NOTE: 60 Water Street is the back side of 125 Prince William Street a.k.a. “Le Faubourg” or originally known as “The Bank of New Brunswick”. The building is currently listed FOR SALE. Buy it now as an investment with this very cool tenant in place!
125 Prince William Street “Le Faubourg”, Saint John, NB
$899,000 NEW PRICE $749,000 SOLD
Ideal candidate for redevelopment! Uptown heritage with many infrastucture upgrades including sprinkers throughout, roof (Nov 2011), some repointing of brick, amost all new windows. New 400 amp 120 volt electrical entrance installed with updated wiring in 2007. Building has been converted to natural gas. Commonly, heritage buildings such as this one in the uptown core are utilized for commercial and business related enterprises. The main floor would typically be devoted to retail with the upper floors being utilized for offices and/or residential. View of Harbour on Water Street side of building.
Gross building area 17,467 square feet.
This block of Prince William Street, between Princess and Duke, has undergone (2014-2015) a complete restoration including street resurfacing, granite curbing, landscaping and decorative lighting. Close to shopping, hotels and cruise ship terminals.
For more information and interior photos click HERE
82 Germain Street, Saint John, New Brunswick
The Buckley Building has been sold. The new owners intend to convert the top floor to residential for their personal use and add a rooftop patio. The building is a three storey brick Italianate-Style commercial building on the east side of Germain Street. The view from the roof affords a unique urban view directly down the newly renovated Grannan Lane as well as a view of the harbour.
The Buckley Building is significant as one of a collection of commercial, Italianate and Second Empire buildings that were built between 1877 and 1881 after the great fire.
The building is also significant because it housed the office of G. Ernest Fairweather from 1888 until 1920. G. E. Fairweather was a prominent architect and he designed many significant buildings in Saint John. He was originally associated with John Magee, as Magee and Fairweather, and in their office the plans were prepared for a great many of the buildings erected after the great fire in 1877. Source: historicplaces.ca
The new owners have renamed the building “The Fairweather”. You can like their page, see design concepts and follow their progress on FACEBOOK
Stephanie represented the seller & Bob McVicar of Exit Realty (now Sutton Realty!) represented the buyers.